Yes, the infamous banana bread, you might roll your eyes right about now, but this little baked rectangle saved many from boredom, eating overripe bananas and drinking too much of their oh so precious wine stockpile.
The best and easiest recipe we have come across is this one . Really quick and easy – you will have a delicious moist bread before you know it. No one can tolerate dry baked goods, but if it turns out dry – you can always wash it down with some pineapple beer.
What you will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar – hopefully you have left-over from the beer brewing 🙂
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts and/or 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease your loaf pan or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed with electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. Do not overmix. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for ~60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan.
So there you have it, no foreign ingredients or too much time from your busy netflix schedule, just deliciousness in every bite, oh and we added pecans as well as chocolate chips,because why not?!